Server: Shadow Council (US) - RP
Author: Kelidara (58 Blood elf death knight)
Achievements of Note:
- Artisan Skinning!
So... I want to craft jewelry. Actually, no. Let me rephrase that. I want to prospect gems out of ore. That's the real reason why I want to be a JC. But... I'm deliberating. I took mining and skinning because I need money for my flying mount - and I'll need money to support my two adopted blood elf twins. So... argh. I can't decide.
Option 1: Keep skinning and mining forever.
- I can sell ore and bars and get lots of money!
- I can save the old world leather (since it doesn't sell for much) and give it to Kelirien for LWing.
- It's probable that the Outlands and Northrend leather will sell for a decent amount.
- I gain crit chance and stamina from the two professions
- Nothing for me (except money)!
Option 2: Get Mining (and Skinning) to 300 and get enough money for flying mount, then drop Skinning for JCing
- I still get to sell the ore and bars for money and get my flying mount.
- I still get to send my old world leather to Kelirien for LWing.
- Prospecting! (eventually)
- I can make jewelry for the twins (and me!)
- I can send extra jewelry to Keleili to DE for her enchanting
- I have to go back and mine Copper --> Thorium again to level up JCing
- This puts off my arrival in the Outlands
- JCing WILL cost some money
- Is JCing viable in Northrend? (armor with gem slots aren't as common)
Option 3: Drop skinning NOW and pick up JCing
- Don't have to backtrack as much to mine for JCing
- Prospecting (NOW)!
- Get to Outlands sooner (than option 2)
- Make jewelry for myself and the twins
- Send extra jewelry to Keleili for (eventual) DEing for her enchanting
- Will cost money
- Won't get money from selling ore and bars
- Won't get any more leather for Kelirien's LWing
- Is JC viable in Northrend?