Tuesday, September 8, 2009

On Mounts and Epic Mounts... and tank'n'spankin'.

Server: Khadgar (US) - PVE
Author: Kelidara (80 Human Deathknight)
Other Characters: Keleili (80 Draenai Priest), Kelidin (1 Dwarf Priest bank alt)
Friends: Olorin (80 Human Priest), Morganaa (80 Human Deathknight)
Achievements:
  • Keleili learned Artisan Riding!
  • Keleili gained Exalted Rep with Ironforge and Stormwind!
  • Keleili gained achievements for Lots-O-Mounts and Lots-O-Pets!

So, I'm sure you are asking - if this post is about Keleili, then why is Kelidara writing it? And so I shall answer - because Keleili is too busy riding around on her new epic mount to stop and write an update post!

Kel has been very busy the past several days. She quested through about half of Ice Crown and got a good start on the Argent Tournament champion dailies. Then this weekend, she decided to take a detour and work on her reps with the dwarves and the humans. It didn't take her too long actually - mostly because she was already well into revered with Ironforge, and her Stormwind rep was a hair from exalted already. It would have taken me a lot longer to get to exalted. So, then Kel decided to get all of the mounts available to her - all of the cats, all of the horses, all of the rams and all of the elleks. This gave her the "filling up the barn" achievement, which is cool, although I don't understand why people have this obsession with mounts. I mean, you can only ride one at a time, can't you?

Anyway, Kel also lucked out when she discovered that the epic flight trainer in Valgarde Keep is alligned with the Alliance Vangarde, so she got a discount based on her rep with them. It only cost her 4250g to learn her artisan flight. Then she spent the rest of her money getting all of the griffons and making herself a magnificent flying rug. Again, I ask - what is this obsession with mounts?

At any rate, Kel has also been spending time healing all sorts of instances, most of which have been of the heroic variety. I'm so proud of my sister. I, however, had the chance to tank a Trials of the Champions (normal) run last night and I learned something vital... Well, 2 things.

1. I am not a good tank.

2. I don't really like tanking.

Go figure. I think I'll let Keleili stick with the social calls in our guild.

P.S. Kel did get a new dress, which looks super sexy on her. I'm not jealous. Really, I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment