Monday, November 30, 2009

Make New Friends but Keep the Old

A message from the Queen of Kelis!

We'll return you shortly to your scheduled broadcast, but first...

I've noticed lately that a lot of the really nice websites that I grew up with have become... not as familiar to WoW players today. Hmm... this is partly a curiousity, since they are still awesome websites, but partly sad in my mind, as... well, they are still awesome websites. Hmm... Maybe I should start a website about all of the cool websites out there. How redundant would that be?

In the meantime, here are two of my favorites:

The Crafter's Tome

The Crafter's Tome is a great little website that lists all of the recipes available for all of the professions, as well as where to get them, the reagents, and the stats of the resulting product. It is also filterable so you can search for items that fit a certain item slot, for example. Check it out - it's a good reference website!

Wow-Pro

The link I've included goes to Wow-Pro's class guides which, I believe, is the best part of this website. True, wow-pro is the home of Tourguide, which is one of my favorite addons, but if you have the addon, you don't really need the leveling guides that came before (which, I admit, are just as awesome). However, the class guides are phenomenal. Whenever I hear someone asking for help with a new class, I direct them to these guides. They aren't perfect, and they aren't for raiding (at least I don't use them for that), but the leveling guides are made in an easy to read and easier to follow format that allows anyone to get their feet wet playing a brand new class. They are, I think, the perfect starting point.


Those are two of my favorite websites that most people don't know about. What are some of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment